By Julie Schultz, August 14th, 2017 in
“Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
Peel HIV/AIDS Network is actively seeking passionate, committed individuals to contribute to the legacy of our newly-formed Peer Leadership Council (PLC). This role represents a tremendous opportunity to meaningfully impact the health, wellbeing, and prosperity of PHAs living in Peel region. The PLC will serve as a platform to elevate the voices of leaders in our communities, who will lead the charge in effecting real change in the lives of our peers. Your active contribution as a member of the PLC will shape the future of programming and service offerings for PHAs. If you would like to be a part of the change that you wish to see in the world, we want to hear from you.
Position Title: Peer Leadership Council Member
Purpose: PHAN is proud to announce the formation of the Peer-Leadership Council: Peer Leadership Council (PLC) is a committee run by, and for, People Living with HIV (PHAs) residing in the Peel Region. As a self-managed committee the PLC will work together to improve our health, prosperity and overall wellbeing by working collaboratively with our community to empower Peers. PLC will plan and implement PHAN programming for Peers.
- Commitment to the mission and work of PHAN.
- Attend regular Council meetings and PHAN’s Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Participate in, and support fundraising activities for the agency.
- Remain informed of peer programs and services provided by the agency and support them.
- Prepare for, ask questions and participate in the discussions and the deliberations of the Council.
- Be aware of, and abstain from any conflict of interest.
- Maintain confidentiality of PHAN.
Peer Leadership Council Member (Term: 3 Members, 1 year; 4 Members, 2 Years)
- Attendance at all Council meetings and events, and committed to full participation
- Willingness to accept assignments and complete them thoroughly and on time.
- Active participant in the council’s programming and implementation of evaluation
- Training: Peer Council members must participate in annual orientation and training sessions.
- PHA (Person Living with HIV).
- Completed PHAN Volunteer Training (can be provided).
- Graduate of PLDI – Level 1 (is an asset but not a requirement).
- TTOA Training (is an asset but not a requirement).
- Deadline: Ongoing
- Please complete the attached questionnaire: Pear Leader Council Survey
- Selected candidates will be invited for a meeting in a timely manner
- PHAN expects the PLC to commence in Autumn 2017
- PHAN will strive to achieve a fully inclusive and diverse PLC reflecting the PHA Community in Peel.
“NOTHING ABOUT US, WITHOUT US”